Standing tall about falling short.
Learning what I love and loving what I learn.
Today is wrapped in a heavy blanket of light white fog.
There’s been a watermelon growing in my throat all week. I can’t remember when the seed was planted or why but it’s been expanding up and pushing out, in my sleep, at my desk, when I lean over the sink to clean. Today the melon burst open and shot out seeds & juice in the form of gratitude & relief. I laughed so hysterically while riding my bike through the downtown...
I Am Learning To Abandon the World
I am learning to abandon the world before it can abandon me. Already I have given up the moon and snow, closing my shades against the claims of white. And the world has taken my father, my friends. I have given up melodic lines of hills, moving to a flat, tuneless landscape. And every night I give my body up limb by limb, working upwards across bone, towards the heart. But morning comes with small...
When you really love somebody you learn the ability to sacrifice your right to being right for the greater good of the relationship. Not to become a doormat, but to recognize that, “Hey, we’re on the same team.” If you’re holding on to being right even if you KNOW you are 99% right and the other person is only 1% right, what you’re really holding tighter to is your...
If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real...– Mohandas Gandhi
Farm fresh eggs with a bow on top. Coffee to the brim with a dash of Carolans. A surprise drive-thru and overnight stay from cousin & crew, road tripping from New Mexico to Costa Rica. The artful vegan, curried squash, habaneros and mangos. Coconut milk. Dinner wine and music. Finding old film. More coffee. Bananas too. Rock bottom, cardinals vs. phillies, love actually.
Free pizza and a bucket of beer at dollar a pop, with the ladies. Baking pies with apples and pears from my parent’s trees. Developing photo after photo in the darkroom trying to get it just right. Riding home from school in my shoes with holes wearing all cotton in the rain. Shutting out the city lights with navy sheets over my window panes.